Todd Haynes' Velvet Underground doc

Morning folks,

Not sure if everyone's seen this, but Entertainment Weekly have run an interview with Todd Haynes, previewing his Velvet Underground doc:

https://ew.com/movies/todd-haynes-velvet-underground-documentary-first-look/

Has this whetted your appetite at all..?

I'm not alone in noticing that the focus of Haynes' doc seems to be the Nico/Cale/Warhol years - one of our writers (and a VU expert), Tyler Wilcox posted on Twitter last night that he feels the Doug Yule years will be "diminished" in Haynes' doc.

Anyone else feel strongly that the Yule period (3rd album and Loaded) get overlooked?

Would anyone like to go so far as to make a claim for Squeeze (itself not a bad record, just not the four preceding it)..?

Given Haynes' excellent track record I'm really looking forward to this; I only hope, as hinted in the article, that this will very quickly be available on other platforms, for those of us that don't have AppleTV. 

I have never actually listened to Squeeze? For me, and I would suspect for a lot of others, the VU 'ended' after the (brilliant) Loaded. Maybe a future Uncut feature could persuade us otherwise...? 🤔

10 hours ago, Rob Franks said:

Given Haynes' excellent track record I'm really looking forward to this; I only hope, as hinted in the article, that this will very quickly be available on other platforms, for those of us that don't have AppleTV. 

I have never actually listened to Squeeze? For me, and I would suspect for a lot of others, the VU 'ended' after the (brilliant) Loaded. Maybe a future Uncut feature could persuade us otherwise...? 🤔

Squeeze is a funny one, for sure.  I'm not making any grand claims for it, mind; but it's one of many strange and compelling footnotes that comprise the post-Lou/Sterling years.  You may be surprised to learn that there are two post-Lou/Sterling line-ups, including one that features no original members of the band...

But critically, I think the 3rd album and Loaded are both brilliant records. Astonished, too, at the 'unreleased' material on VU, like Ocean. An amazing creative patch.